Our Practice Privacy Notice explains what information we collect about you, how we store this information, how long we retain it and with whom and for which legal purpose we may share it, the document can be downloaded here:
Our practice is supporting vital coronavirus (COVID-19) planning and research by sharing your data with NHS Digital. Find out more about Pandemic Planning and Research on the NHS Digital website.
CVDPREVENT (Cardio Vascular Disease Prevention) is a national primary care audit to support professionally led quality improvement in the diagnosis and management of six high-risk conditions that cause stroke, heart attack and dementia: atrial fibrillation, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, non-diabetic hyperglycaemia and chronic kidney disease.
The General Practice Extraction Service (GPES) will require an initial full year extract of data and thereafter an extract on a quarterly basis.
All organisations that provide NHS or adult social care must follow the Accessible Information Standard by law. The Accessible Information Standard aims to make sure that disabled people have access to information that they can understand and any communication support they might need.
If you or your carer(s) have any communication/information needs relating to a disablity, impairment or sensory loss, we will try to respond to those needs.
We want to make sure that we are communicating with your in a way that is easy for your and that you can understand. This could be as simple as using a larger font for any letters we send your or organising a Sign Language interpreter for your appointments.
Please don't wait for us to ask if you do have any communication/information needs just let us know.
Identifying individuals with information/communication needs
- New patients will be asked whether they require a specific method of communication.
- Posters will be displayed in reception
- Information will also be published on the Practice Website.
Recording individuals' Information and communication needs
- Patient specific information and communication needs will be recorded in the medical records as an 'alert' to staff and to prom't for relevant actions to be taken.
- All staff can check that an alert has been added by opening the patient records - the alert will appear on the opening page under 'reminders'.
- A hearing loop is available at reception.
- Interpreters and signers can be organised in advance on a patient's request.
- Copies of Practice Leaflets/Information are available in large print on patient's request.
Information relevant to the surgery under the Freedom of Information Act can be provided. Please contact our Practice Manager.